Sunday night already?! Another week flew by. Work is still manageable-ish. Not losing sleep yet, but definitely working more hours than I’d like. But tax day is less than 7 weeks away, and you can do anything for less than 7 weeks, right? Especially when the April deadline is SO much better than the September and October ones…
The new recipe for the week was a good one, I was SO excited for the leftovers and can’t wait to make it again! Matt did most of the work since he beat me home, but I helped stir! It was a pretty quick meal to make too, totally do-able on a week night. Highly recommended.
Pasta with Garlic, White Cheddar & Wine Sauce (recipe adapted from here)
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 oz. tube shaped pasta, such as penne
- 1½ tbsp. butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets and blanched until crisp-tender
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta until al dente according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, whisk in the garlic and cook just until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Whisk the flour into the mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to turn golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Stir the white wine and broth into the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cheddar and stir until melted. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the broccoli florets and chicken pieces, and cook just until heated through.
- Mix in the cooked pasta until evenly coated with the sauce. Serve warm.