Better late than never, right? Right. Works too crazy to handle right now, 12 more days!!
This recipe is an old favorite from my childhood. I know it’s called “Turkey Gravy,” but there’s actually no turkey in it, just chicken. Until this week I had never made it myself, but it’s easy and delicious, and makes for a perfect week night meal. Matt made it last Monday and then I made it again this past Wednesday when I was working from home. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 1 package frozen broccoli (10 oz)
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1 (13 ¾ oz) can of chicken broth
- 2 cups chunked chicken
- ½+ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat margarine in 10” skillet over low heat until melted.
- Blend in flour, pepper, and sage.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly, remove from heat.
- Stir in half and half and broth.
- Return to heat, heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Add in broccoli and chicken, heat through.
- Serve over rice and top with shredded white cheddar cheese.