Since I’m a little behind on the recipe posting, we’re doing two in a row this week! (with two more to follow for recipes we’re making this week…)
Another 5 Ingredient meal from everyday with Rachel Ray, plus a few ingredients that we added. Matt made these last week when I was running late getting home (and the pic below is the text message I received letting me I know I better hurry up before I missed out). Another quick, delicious, and inexpensive meal, in other words, a keeper!
Quick Souvlaki Sandwiches
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, pounded 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 4 pita breads, warmed
- 8 ounces store-bought tzatziki
- Optional: Cucumbers, lettuce and peppers for additional veggies, Middle Eastern seasoning mix for seasoning
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and/or Middle Eastern seasoning, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add chicken; cook, turning once, until cooked through, 8 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and let rest.
- Increase heat to high. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until charred, 2 minutes.
- Slice chicken. Top pitas with tzatziki, chicken and onions (and other veggies). Fold over and enjoy!