Another recipe in my new collection of quick and easy recipes. This was another delicious recipe, perfect for summer!. Thanks, Every Day with Rachel Ray! Note that is says to serve chilled, but we had it warm both times and really enjoyed it that way.
Green & Gold Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 bunch scallions trimmed, sliced crosswise
- 5 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- lemon wedges
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions (for added flavor use chicken or vegetable broth
in place of water); let cool.
2. In skillet, heat EVOO over medium-high. Add zucchini and scallions. Cook, stirring, until zucchini is crisp-tender, 5 minutes; let cool.
3. In large bowl, toss quinoa, zucchini mixture, corn and parsley; season.
4. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be made 2 days ahead.)
5. Before serving, toss in almonds. Serve with lemon wedges.