Friends, we have a new winner of a dinner dish! I made this a while ago in college and forgot all about it until now. This is a lovely summer dinner dish, I hope you love it as much as we did. I can’t wait for leftovers!
Creamy Pasta Primavera (recipe from here)
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/2 cups cut-up fresh asparagus spears (1-inch lengths)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 min. or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Add broth and cream cheese; cook 1 min. or until cream cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Stir in Parmesan.
- Drain pasta; return to pan. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)