TGIF! We just wrapped up our last full week of work until 2016! Yippee!! Just three days of work next week and then we’re off to Syracuse! The week after Christmas we both have off from work (thank you, Boeing and PwC!) so we’ll spend some time back here in Arlington that week, relaxing and catching up. It’s been a great Christmas season so far and we’re excited to head up North and continue it. We’ve had some great parties and good time with friends, and lots of caramel corn! I’ve made 4 batches and I think there’s one more to go. We’ve been blessed with new friends and such a great small group that has grown over the year, so there are lots of people to give caramel corn to for Christmas! My mom always did this for friends and family at Christmas and I love continuing it with our circles. Some people have asked if I’m going to post the recipe and I’m not. Like the molasses cookies last year, some family recipes will stay off the internet 🙂
Tonight we took some time to ourselves and made dinner together. These are a winner! The crema and salsa can be made in advance and if you do that (we didn’t), this would be super fast to whip up. These sure were delicious and I know Matt is already looking forward to when we make them again!
Mango Shrimp Tacos (recipe from here)
Serves: 2-4, depends on how hungry you are 🙂
5 Ingredient Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- juice of one lime
Sweet Chili Lime Crema
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of salt
Mango Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ – 1 packet Taco Seasoning (adjust for your preference)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (Small) Tortillas (corn or flour, pick what you like!)
- 1 batch 5-Ingredient Mango Salsa
- 1 batch Sweet Chili Lime Crema
- optional toppings: crumbled queso fresco, sliced avocado, extra chopped cilantro
- Make the Salsa – Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Can be prepared up to 3 days in advanced and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Make the Crema – Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Taste, and add extra salt or honey if needed.
- Toss the shrimp in a large bowl with the taco seasoning until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and saute for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are completely cooked through and opaque inside. Remove from heat, transfer the shrimp to a separate plate, and set aside.
- While the shrimp are cooking, heat the tortillas
- To assemble your tacos, portion the shrimp evenly between 6-8 flour tortillas, topped with a few spoonfuls of mango salsa. Then drizzle with the sweet chili lime crema to taste. Add optional toppings if desired. Serve warm.